BALTIC GAS CONFERENCE 2018
This year's BALTIC GAS CONFERENCE, taking place on 5 DECEMBER 2018 in RIGA will put its emphasis on the energy union, its perspectives in the Baltic region, and the effects the liberalisation of the gas market has had in Latvia.
Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & SPA Hotel
Elizabetes iela 55
- 05.12.2018 | 09:30
- 05.12.2018 | 17:30
Register right here or at www.baltic-gas-conference.com/registration
The BALTIC GAS CONFERENCE, which was launched in 2017 by the German-Baltic Chamber of Commerce, tours the Baltic capitals and puts its focus on an economic analysis and the modelling of the market trends in consideration of the infrastructure projects in this region until 2020.
The main emphasis of the 2nd BALTIC GAS CONFERENCE will be on the question whether the expected increase of cross-border trade among the Baltic countries has actually triggered the creation of an integrated regional Baltic gas market with a single liquid trading hub. How have liberalisation and market opening affected the ownership structure of key assets. What are the consequences for gas consumers? What are the principles and mechanisms of the European energy market?
These and many more matters will be discussed with local and international experts, politicians as well as large and medium-sized companies from the natural gas industry.
- The 1st panel discussion, moderated by John M. Roberts, Energy Analyst, Methinks, deals with the analysis of the first year after opening the Latvian gas market. In addition to the status quo, also regional effects will be an important topic. The attendance of Mantas Mikalajūnas, CEO of Lietuvos Dujos Tiekimas Ltd., Ants Noot, CEO of Eesti Gaas AS and a Representative of Members of the Board of Latvijas Gāze AS is already confirmed.
- The 2nd panel discussion (also moderated by John M. Roberts) immerges further into the subject matter of the changing market dynamics with new entrants and also new perspectives. Given the fact that Baltic Connector between Estonia and Finland contributes to the market integration in the Baltic region, it is a special pleasure, that we have the confirmed commitment of Herkko Plit, President and CEO of Baltic Connector OY for this panel.
- Finally, the 3rd panel discussion will be moderated by Andris Piebalgs, Politician, Unity Leader, European Commissioner for Development at the EC 2010-2014, Commissioner for Energy 2004-2009. This last round takes a closer look at the future development of the Baltic region regarding the Energy Union. For that reason, we are very happy, that Friedbert Pflüger, Director of the European Centre for Energy and Resource Security (EUCERS) at King's College London and CEO of Pflüger International, among others, will take part in this panel.
Besides the Conference on the 5th, there will be a trip, taking place on 4 DECEMBER to INČUKALNS UNDERGROUND GAS STORAGE FACILITY, which is the only functional storage in the Baltic countries and therefore ensures regional gas supply. This excursion is open for all participants.
Regarding the tickets you will find three different types:
- The early bird tickets are available until 31 OCTOBER for 59,-€
- Regular tickets will be available from 1 NOVEMBER - 27 NOVEMBER for 99,-€
- Tickets for spontaneous buyers will be available after 27 NOVEMBER for 199,-€
You will find further information on the panel attendances, tickets and the excursion in the tentative program below.